SD Green Building Council Announces Call for Projects for 2019 Green Homes Tour
10th annual event showcases best practices in green building and design with unique opportunity to tour private homes and projects throughout the county
The San Diego Green Building Council (SDGBC), an environmental nonprofit dedicated to providing education, outreach and advocacy focused on green building in the San Diego community, is now accepting project submissions for its 10th annual Green Homes Tour, which will be held on Saturday, Oct. 19 and Sunday, Oct. 20.
Each year, the event brings together hundreds of members of the local community to celebrate best practices in green building and design while showcasing the innovative work of some of the industry’s top professionals. Due to its increasing popularity, the event is expanding to two days this year, allowing guests to visit more homesites throughout the county.
For this year’s Green Homes Tour, the committee will consider a variety of residential project types including:
- Single- and multi-family homes, new construction, renovations or additions
- Custom, spec and production-built homes
- Third-party green certifications (LEED, GreenPoint Rated, Living Building Challenge, etc.)
- Unique home types: converted shipping containers, tiny homes, etc.
- Permaculture/water-wise gardens and exterior spaces
- Communal living and other creative project types that promote a more sustainable lifestyle
- Sustainable design features (building sites, materials, water/energy conservation, indoor air quality, landscaping, etc.)
To submit a project for the Tour, complete a brief application form athttp://tinyurl.com/ght2019.
The application deadline is June 15th for priority consideration. Applicants are encouraged to submit their projects early as the number of available tour spots is limited.