BIA CARES DONATES $20,000 IN SCHOLARSHIPS TO COLLEGE AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS IN 2019
BIA CARES, the charitable foundation of the Building Industry Association of San Diego County, awarded seven College and three High School Scholarships on July 18th at its 3rd Annual 3-Club Golf Challenge at Mission Bay Golf Course; proceeds of the fundraiser benefit the BIA Cares Scholarship Program. The Students received a combined total of $20,000 from the foundation. The students all met the qualifications of academic excellence, community outreach, financial need and the desire to pursue a career in our industry. This could be pursuing a career such as developer, contractor, architect, civil/structural/soils engineer, designer, interior designer, banker, accountant, planner, landscape architect, framer, carpenter, plumber, electrician or any other real estate and development related profession.
The students who received a High School Scholarship award are:
- Kai Parel-Sewell ($3,000) ~ Valhalla High School, attending Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Marco Nuanez ($3,000) ~ St. Augustine High School, attending University of New Mexico
- Jacob Lerner ($1,500) ~ Patrick Henry High School, attending Colorado State University
The students who received a College Scholarship award are:
- David Downs ($2,000) ~ San Diego State University, majoring in Construction Engineering
- Kaitlyn Fisher ($2,000) ~ Cal Poly State University, majoring in Civil Engineering
- Dominic Fonseca ($2,000) ~ Mira Costa College, majoring in Civil Engineering
- Claudia Soto-Alfaro ($2,000) ~ San Diego State University, majoring in Civil Engineering
- Jillian Steinhilber ($2,500) ~ Cal Poly State University, majoring in Architecture
- Jessica Vanni ($1,000) ~ Cal Poly State University, majoring in Architecture
- Nicholas Williams ($1,000) ~ San Diego State University, majoring in Finance/Commercial Real Estate
BIA Cares awards Scholarships every year to those deserving students looking to pursue a career in our Industry here in San Diego. Student applications will be available again in Spring 2020 on the BIA Cares website www.biacares.org.