Development Executive, Chelsea Investment Corporation
At Chelsea Investment Corporation, we foster successful relationships, while providing efficient financial engineering and development services in the multi-family affordable housing industry. Chelsea is the largest developer of inclusionary housing in the Greater San Diego Area and ranks as the 11th largest affordable housing developer in the nation. To date, we have provided safe, accessible, affordable housing to over 40,000 people and our project pipelines continue to grow. Our portfolio is diverse, as the projects we manage span throughout California, up to Sacramento and out to New Mexico. City’s like Irvine have recently requested our services and we are looking at growing in other states such as Utah. Finally, we partner with some of the best non-profit service providers in the industry, and we serve a variety of populations including seniors, homeless, developmentally disabled, families, and veterans.
We are currently seeking a Development Executive to join us in our mission to develop more affordable housing. The Development Executive is responsible for providing full-charge, turnkey project management while ensuring timely financing, approval, and design of multi-family affordable housing developments. Chelsea Development Executives collaborate with our specialized, strategic finance team and are equipped with a project support team. At Chelsea, we encourage employee growth and are proud to have support staff that enjoy the stable environment and career path which we provide. Our Carlsbad based team is a few miles from the beach and minutes away from a wide variety of shopping and dining experiences. We pride ourselves on providing a flexible and family-like environment where our staff can enjoy the benefits of a balanced work life.
Development Executive Responsibilities:
• Manage, coordinate, and complete the identification, entitlement, development, design, financing (including the obtaining and maintenance of tax credits), syndication, construction, lease-up, stabilization, conversion to permanent financing, and regulatory compliance associated with the initial qualified occupancy of each Project.
• Develop and foster effective relationships internally and externally including all third parties (e.g., consultants, public funders and private lenders/equity providers, community organizations, architects, constructions managers, government liaisons, etc.)
• Ensure projects are approved, sustainable, and underwritable and can be financed using appropriate sources
• Manage the due diligence process while structuring and closing complex mixed-finance deals with multiple lenders
• Ensure that proposals, applications, and closings meet LIHTC regulations and industry standards
• Manage the design process to ensure compliance/waiver/approval by respective City, State and Federal agencies
• Facilitate community and public agency support and approval of master plan changes, including zoning, permitting, and financing
• Analyze funding and development legislation, regulations, policies, and market environments to determine applicability to projects and compatibility with other programs
• Identify new potential affordable housing projects for the Company
• Complete applications for entitlements and financing for the assigned projects
• Supervise work delegated to Development Associates, Analysts, and Coordinators
• Bachelor’s degree or graduate study in business, finance, economics, public administration, community development, planning or related field
• Ten (10) plus years of project management experience in a related industry such as real estate, tax, banking, finance or public administration
• Extensive knowledge of the affordable multi-family housing development industry
• Detailed history of leading multiple concurrent project teams through successful affordable multifamily housing developments
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project)
• Extremely organized with ingrained ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Keen attention to detail with focused adherence to strict deadlines and procedures
• Sound problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to exercise sound independent judgment
• High level of integrity and dependability, including handling sensitive and confidential information
• Teamwork mindset and temperament to work effectively with a diverse group of people
• Effective ability to communication clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
• Genuine desire to work in real estate development affordable housing industry
• Personal accountability and enthusiasm for achieving company goals
We are passionate about identifying and implementing timely and cost-effective solutions to the many challenges of affordable housing. By joining the team at Chelsea, you will be part of an experienced group that develops affordable homes and changes lives. We offer competitive salaries, career paths, and excellent benefits including: Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time; Company Holidays; Healthcare Benefits; 401(K); Life Insurance.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or other protected categories. Chelsea is committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in its work and staff.
Please click here to directly apply on Chelsea’s website.