Single Family Experience Finish Carpenter – Taylor Trim & Supply, Inc., San Diego
At Taylor Trim & Supply, Inc., we pride ourselves in exceeding customers’ expectations through value engineering, performing superior work, and completing jobs on time. Our mission is to bring peace of mind in a complex industry and elicit pride within our communities. The culture of Taylor Trim & Supply, Inc. is unique from other trim companies because we promote teamwork and strive to maintain a family-like environment throughout the organization. If you see yourself working in this type of environment and have the following qualifications, we encourage seek employment with us.
We are looking for individuals experienced in installing doors, trim and hardware including vertical rods and panic hardware.
Jobs located throughout the Southern California area.
The current rate of pay for experienced finish carpenters is between $15.00-$23.00 per hour
Position Overview: Performs installation of trim and finish carpentry products on or in single family home communities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Commits to working an eight hour day in the field with possible overtime and weekend work as needed
2. Helpful but not required knowledge of installation of vertical rod and panic hardware
3. Installs entry door lock up, towel bars, toilet paper holders, grab bars, interior door knobs. Also thresholds, door bottoms.
4. Installs items such as shelf & pole, stool & apron, cap & apron, bypass doors & track, mantels, box & case and or crown molding
5. Participates in onsite safety meetings every 10 days, and other meetings as required
6. Reads blueprints, sketches, or building plans to layout and determine dimensions and materials required
7. Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines or power saws
8. Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean environment
9. Uses levels on door jambs and on any other install material that is required to be level and plumb.
10.Erects ladders for assembling structures above ground level
11.Other duties as assigned
12 Install Exterior wood and hollow metal frames. Knowledge as to installing Andersen French Doors is helpful.
Experience and Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Field Installers must have own tools for use at job sites and must have all safety’s install on all power tools.
2. Knowledge and experience with finish carpentry and hardware materials including
3 Minimum of 1 year of experience in finish carpentry and hardware experience.
4. Must hold a valid California driver’s license and drive a personal truck or vehicle
5. Ability to read and understand construction blueprints
6. Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing in English
7. Ability to work safely at jobsites compensation
We do not install cabinetry. We are looking for individuals that have the above experience; however we will train if you are not fully experienced. Individuals looking for full time employment.
Must have own tools and transportation to job-sites. All employees are expected to have a can-do attitude.
When applying please include your expected pay range.
*We do pre-employment drug screening
Great Benefit options: Medical, Dental and Vision after 60 days. Taylor Trim & Supply contributes $350.00 per month to offset the cost of the premiums. 401k benefits option after 1 year if service with the company.
If interested in this position please email your resume to email@example.com or fax to 760-740-2015. You may also apply in person at Taylor Trim & Supply, Inc. 2061 Aldergrove Ave., Escondido, CA 92029 during our business hours. Or regular business hours are Monday through Friday from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Please feel free to contact Denise Bever to obtain more information. (760) 740-2000