Fire Sprinkler Designer, Symons Fire Protection, San Diego
We are a well-established fire sprinkler company seeking motivated and committed individuals with experience in Fire Sprinkler Design who are looking for long-term stable employment. As a growing company, there is continued room for advancement, job stability, and a great team work environment. We are looking for individuals that that have a desire to learn and improve themselves through hard work, training, and a positive attitude.
**Please do not apply unless you have FIRE SPRINKLER Design Experience**
Uses CAD equipment to provide support to Engineering department by preparing routine layouts of fire sprinkler systems, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches, and diagrams. Details to include all views and dimensions necessary for installation. Make copies of drawings and maintains information regarding changes to database. Makes simple decisions but refers most questions / problems to lead designers or chief engineer. Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with design and fire sprinkler terminology. Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
The following experience is preferred:
• Experience in designing fire protection sprinkler systems with as much accuracy and detail as possible to enable the field installation to be completed with as few design errors as possible.
• An understanding of any or all the following software applications: AutoCAD, REVIT, Navisworks, HASS, AutoSPRINK, SprinkCAD, HydraCAD, HydraList, TOLBrace etc.
• Have a working knowledge of some or all the following documents: NFPA 13, 13R, 13D, & CFC.
• Calculates figures to convert design dimensions to resizing dimensions specified for subsequent production, layout, and installation processes.
• Ability to take specified information and produce graphic representation (hard copy) of design for review and approval by engineering and design staff.
• Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
• Revise size, shape, and arrangement of parts to create practical design drawings.
• Sketches rough layout of system and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
• Proficient math skills are a benefit.
• Be able to professionally communicate with customers, employees, and building/fire departments.
• Provide evidence of fire sprinkler design experience, the more the better.
• Have a professional attitude and appearance paired with a reliable and predictable attendance. We offer competitive pay and benefits depending on your experience and time logged:
We offer an attractive benefits package including a competitive salary, 100% employer paid health insurance for all full time employees as well as offerings in dental/supplemental insurances. Paid time off includes holidays, vacation, sick leave, and even Birthdays. Employees may also participate in a 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
Interested individuals should contact Natalie Ringhoff, HR Manager, with a resume detailing most recent employment and salary history. Please contact via Phone- 619-588-6364 or Email- Natalie@SymonsFP.com
Symons provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, military or veteran status.